Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fine Tuning

Well training and diet are going pretty well but I think I can do better. Now that training is picking up I don't think I can continue getting by eating what I have been. Training has (at times) been very difficult and I need better fuel. Starches, sugar and crap just don't feel like they are helping me. I need to take it to the next level - I'm hoping that eating "clean" is going to help with training and recovery.

Here's what I'm going to try -

Drink more water and less sweet tea! Yes I'm from the from south where that sweet nectar runs in our veins. But not anymore!

Eat more good carbs - veggies and fruits! Sure I'll have a piece of bread or tortilla once in a while but not as regular as it has been. Bread just isn't cutting it with the training I'm doing. I need rocket fuel!

20" spin before breakfast! I've read that some professional cycling teams have their athletes do a 20" spin before they eat breakfast. It's supposed to rev up the metabolism! its also supposed to teach your body to burn fat instead of sugar.

Eat more protein! Grilling is my preferred way to cook because it adds so much favor without adding calories. We eat a lot of chicken - Baked chicken, Wishbone chicken, BBQ chicken, Thai chicken, Chipotle chicken..... (sounds like that scene in Forest Gump).

Find a Coffee alternative! OK, it's not the coffee its the cream and sugar. I have no idea how this is going to go. I love having a couple cups of that delicious brew in the mornings. Yes I've tried other sweeteners but feel they taste like metal and chemicals. I might just have to give into temptation on this one. Or maybe call it a wash IF i do my 20" spin in the mornings?

No comments:

Post a Comment