Monday, February 11, 2013

Race Report - Short Track #4



I'm going to make this short and sweet because 1. I'm tired and 2. I have a busy day ahead of me. So after being off the bike due to illness for 2 weeks and last week just not feeling like training I was now on the start line. I felt a little drained from the weeks rides and a hike (something I'm not used to doing) the day before. The start went pretty well - I think I went into the woods around mid pack, Single track started out with 5 people in front of me slamming on brakes and skidding tires and me doing the same - I think someone was going  bit to fast and caused a chain reaction. Went back and forth racing a couple guys but by the 3rd lap I was by myself. A very odd feeling when there are 60+ racers on less than a mile track. I'm thinking the fields are getting smaller and the fast guys are left and me. I figure I'm behind the fast guys and in front of a few slow guys. With no one to race the lap times for laps 4 & 5 were a bit slower. It actually got a little boring with no one to race/chase/stay-away from. I tried to catch my mechanic Dread on he last lap but he was to far ahead and I basically just pedaled it in.

Despite how I felt on the bike and no one to race I still bettered my time by 20 seconds. All in all a good race with descent results. The last race is next week and on to training for the Double Shot at Hanging Rock State Park on March 9.

 
Picture of my friend Jon clearing the jump on the short track. SWEEEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment