Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It takes a village

The Evolution of America

It's been said that "It takes a Village to raise a Child" I think it takes a village to lose weight, race bikes and get healthy. The little bit of success I have had is not mine alone. By the way, I've lost 45 lbs and went from finishing a race to competing! I have a lot of people in my corner offering help, encouragement, love and accountability.

I have an amazing wife that has encouraged me and hasn't given up on me even though I have tried and failed many, many times before. She loves me and wants the very best for me. She wants me to ride, encourages me to race, and puts up with all my bikes and gear. She doesn't even complain about me fixing dinner of grilled chicken every night for a week. I'm sure it's hard for her because she's a skier and during the winter months (and secretly in October) praying for cold weather where I'm begging for warm sunny days. This made Short Track Racing A sacrifice on her part I know she would have rather been skiing those days. But no, She stayed home to cheer me on instead! I love that woman!

But there are others....

Anyone that's riden with me - Thanks for riding with me and not leting me slack off. Riding is much more fun with others.

Anyone I have raced against - Thanks for pushing me and for helping me realize I can do more than I thought. Sorry if I dropped you. If you beat me last time look out I'm coming for you next!

Anyone who has cheered me on - Thanks for your encouragement especially the people I don't know. MORE COWBELL!

Anyone who has given me advice - Thanks for all of the tips and tricks on diet, training, racing, or bike parts.

Anyone who has fixed my bike - Thanks for caring for my bike as if it was yours.

Anyone that has listened to my dreams - Thanks for seeing the skinny guy in this big body and seeing my potential.

Anyone who has inspired me - Thanks to those who have gone before me and shown me that it is possible.



A lot of people have given up things, time, energy, money so that I can be a better person. You know who you are and so do I. Thanks!

2 comments: